Shin-Li

Going into march and these things are still in near perfect condition. I’m pretty impressed, most of the other varieties gave up a while back.

8 Likes

That looks juicy and delicious! What does it taste like? Im upset when my european pears do not ooze like that when cut and everytime they look like that they are delicious.

They are good. Worth planting. That thing was dripping juice when I cut it. I like euros better and a good one will be juicier than that.

1 Like

I am looking forward to trying a fresh homegrown asian pear (or atleast ripe), I have only eaten store bought ones and that has been a wet cardboard experience for me so far.

Once again my old reliable Shin Li has a monster crop. When it comes to spray free perfect fruit that stores well this pear is in top tier. Not my favorite asian, but how can you complain with such ease.

4 Likes

They’ve been very good this year. My tree has a huge crop.

4 Likes

I am amazed that that branch does not break by that much weight. I have two Shin Li fruiting for the first time this year. They are almost as big as Korean Giant.

When do you pick yours?

5 Likes

I’ve been picking them for a couple weeks already. The bottoms will turn a creamy color when they’re ready. I pick them with Korean Giant.

1 Like

Thanks. I should have picked Korean Giant this weekend but squirrel pressure forced me to pick it a week earlier but they have tasted good.

I probably will let Shin Li hang until I see a pale color at the bottom.

1 Like