Shiranui/Dekopon aka Sumo Mandarin

They also have 3 gallon size .

1 Like

How was shipping?

They are not yet shipping to Michigan. I tried filling in a cart to find out what the cost would be, but it wouldn’t even advance beyond that page.

Scott

I saw somewhere that there were a few northern states that they were waiting for a little warmer weather before shipping there.

Hi Luisport,
My friend referred me to you. I am from the Czech Republic.
I am interested and grow citrus, mostly in a greenhouse, because in our country there are no suitable conditions for growing citrus outdoors - in winter.
I have about 100 varieties and I am still looking for and adding new interesting varieties, which I get mostly by exchanging grafts.
If you are interested in some varieties and exchange grafts, I am able to send a list preferably via e-mail.
Greetings Penka

2 Likes

PM sent

@Vladislav

Welcome to the community. When you post the email address in this way it’s viewable to others beside @Luisport . You can edit that message where others cannot see the address. @mamuang wrote up instructions here about how to send a direct message once you have got accustomed to the website Jujube in zone 5 - #293 by snowflake .

1 Like

My seedling sumo is still growing. Getting much bigger.

4 Likes

You do this in a zone 7? What do you employ for winter protection?

How close do you plant your citrus? They look very happy and very close together. I’m also curious what region your zone 9 is in. My zone 9 is much more of a struggle for unprotected citrus.

Has anybody got fruit from trees from Tomorrow’s Harvest, I’m nervous whether it’s the right variety or not.

I have a basement growroom, temps stays around 70*. Take trees out around April 15, bring them in around December 1.
I bring them in when temps around the end of October are in the mid thirties.

That’s fantastic. What region of Arkansas? My friend and her mom moved there last year and really love it.

What’s that other tropical plant to the right? Looks pretty happy too.

Eureka Springs/ Bentonville, North/West Arkansas.

I’d guess mango.

1 Like

I guess the blooms aren’t right for a guava. So many of those tropical leaves look similar at first glance. Have you ever seen a paw paw leaf? Looks like every tropical fruit I’ve encountered.

It’s a mango tree.

Do you know how productive they are when kept small to fit in a greenhouse? How does being inside impact their fruit production?

Hay.
I seen your beautiful Plant.
You intrested in a trade for Microcitrus variegata?
Greetings David

I just got my little Shiranui whip this past year and put it in the ground. I pinched the 2 fruit on it because it looked like it was struggling a bit and I wanted it to focus it’s strength on leaves and roots. It started blooming again though. I might need to move it or something near it later as I might have accidentally crowded it.

I’m looking forward to this one as the fruit available i market this year was not the best and it’s one of my kiddos’ favorites.

I got it through Backyard Citrus Trees which is FL based. I have several trees from them I am happy with. They have an out of state option which I assume has special containment proceedings, but FL is general restricted due to Citrus Greening.