Short Video of my Urban Farm!

https://www.facebook.com/statefairoftx

Hey guys if anybody wants to see a video about my Urban Farm project there is one up now on my Companies Facebook page. If you go to the State Fair of Texas FaceBook page it is one of the first posts and it says Friday at the Fair. I am not in the video at first but I am in it about half way through. It is hard to hear me I will warn you so next time I know that I need to speak up more. But you can see what my Farm looks like and some of what I am growing and such. I hope you like it and I would love to hear what ya’ll think. Thank you if you get to watch it!

Drew

4 Likes

Nice one, Drew.

Which potatoes and yellow onions are you growing?

Impressive wheely beds!

Matt I’m growing granex yellow onion. That is the famous Vidalia onion made famous in Georgia but the variety actually comes from Texas! Look it up it’s true. I’m growing Kennebec potatoes which is a first for me. I usually grow Red Lasota but had a hard time sourcing them in time. I should know in a few weeks how these did as the vines are starting to die back. I’ll post pics if you like. Matt thank you so much for watching the little video. That Farm Project is my life right now. It takes a whole lot of time and energy but we are starting to make real progress with it in the food desert!

Drew

1 Like

Very nice farm you have, Drew. I would say this is a full time job to care after all of these things.

1 Like

First off thank you so much for watching the video! Yes it is quite the job keeping up with this Farm and it’s not my whole job! I also take care of a lot of the ornamental stuff at Fair Park Texas and all of it during the Fair. It takes all of my strength to keep up sometime I can’t lie. I wouldn’t want to do anything else though. We are making significant progress down here in a lot of ways. Again I thank you for taking the time to see what we do!

Nice work, Drew. And I thought I had a lot to do. Sure wish we could get our onions to grow like that.

Last time I was at the Fair was for the OU-Texas game back in '13. Didn’t turn out the way I would’ve liked, but it is quite an experience. Plus, the Fair in itself is really cool. Nothing like it, especially when they deep-fry everything it seems!

1 Like

Nothing else like it on planet earth! Especially the Red River Rivalry. Really cool that to you have been here before. Holler my way if you ever want to make it back. Thank you for watching.

Drew

Great video! Those onions look awesome, I’m sure the donation will be much appreciated!

1 Like

Very cool Drew, thanks for posting it!

1 Like

Yes I am really exited about the onions as I know they will keel on shelves for a long time and are ideal for the places we donate to. Potatoes, green beans and peppers are right behind to supplement the greenhouse tomatoes that have already produced a bunch this season. Thank you so much for the video!

Thank you for taking the time to watch it! I will post more stuff as the season goes along.