Some Vegies and Herbs

It was never really meant for eating. Buddhists grew it for its Fragrance only, which it why is was replicated in porcelain as a temple or altar fruit; of which I have many. I have collected Buddhas’ hand porcelains for 40 years. Smell, don’t eat. :partying_face:. The fragrance was pleasing. Which it is. Look up Citron in American cooking and you will find the lumpy lemon that is not Buddah’s Hand.

1 Like

That’s the appearance of the Seville cultivar of Citron. Its predecessor(s) were widely grown in the middle east and have a role in both Jewish and Muslim cultures. It also came from China and is one of the fundamental genetic forms of Citrus.

1 Like

Gettin’ fancy schmancy with the lettuce…

11 Likes

Baby butternut squash

1 Like

@Richard, your irrigation still makes me smile - don’t know why - maybe because it is so sophisticated. :blush:
Anyway, my butternuts are finishing. I could do another crop but we don’t eat that much.
IMG_1967-1

IMG_1968-1
Cukes have reached the giveaway stage.
IMG_1969-1
Winter scallions just up. Best germination I’ve had on alliums although it is kinda hard to see here. First time I’ve saved my own seeds on these.
IMG_1966-1

3 Likes

My butternut seeds just sprouted

2 Likes

Got milkweed?

3 Likes

Here’s the two Baby Butternut plants trained in tomato cages :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Artichoke

5 Likes