Some Vegies and Herbs

Harvest these today and made this:

Into this:
(Used @IowaJer recipe further up on this thread. Changed it slightly to use what I had at hand)
Will report back on taste. :grin:

When you go out to check on the squash and return with 7 lbs :grinning:

I planted mine late but they are growing now. Great pollination so \I should be getting a number of them. So old fashioned and delicious!

When you procrastinate cutting back sweet potato vines, before and after :smile:

Hire a groundhog!

Did you make anything with the sweet potato leaves? They are edible.

No. I’m not that hungry.

the leaves are quite good rather rich smoky

Greek Basil in our herb bed today.

I went out to pick a few eggplants and came back with a half dozen, plus green beans, patty-pan squash, black tomatoes, pie pumpkins, and chili peppers!

I went out today to clean up the vegie beds a bit and pick what was available. :slight_smile:

I found a single patty-pan squash and a lot of Italian flat beans, and I also pulled the plants since they appear done for the season. Our brussels sprouts are just starting to get “up to size” so I picked a few – the plants are still going strong. The japanese black eggplant is growing and producing like it’s Spring. There was also a horde of “Highlander” chili peppers – the jury is still out on whether the plant will over-winter. No ripe tomatoes or pimento peppers today but each plant has a dozen. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll start working on the tubers.

I found one and only one small green patty pan yesterday; for the entire summer; I planted too late, but it was so good and sweet.?

Most of us in the continental U.S. had an abbreviated growing season.

Not here! My butternuts are starting new vines and looking like they want to set more fruits

Same here. I’ve had some failures this year. Mostly from copius amounts of rain. But otherwise a pretty good productive year.

Looks like a good year for turmeric !

Have not looked inside the pots yet , did not have to… but I bet they are full of roots !
Just bringing in , frost soon. Looks to be the best crop yet