Sources for Rondom redcurrant? -- found it!

Wow. Only now did I notice this thread had 99 posts, I’m 100, yay!

jcguarneri, you are my newest BFF. I was able to get some Rondom from Lucille, perhaps the last she had available this year. They now do show up in her website at Whitman Farms, though they were not there in December, when I first saw your post (thank you for the TL;DR right there on top). Thanks to your suggestion I did ask, and then purchased a few last week. Happy happy.
Will be growing them in Franklin, NH, if all goes well, and I certainly hope it does.

Long story, because I must.
I had a few Johannisbeeren (red currants) in Switzerland at my cousin’s wedding, like 10 years ago? and since then, I haven’t been the same, something is missing in my life. Rather impossible to grow in Austin, Texas, where I’ve been the last 18 years, but circumstances might allow me to grow them in New Hampshire this year. I will be a complete man again, come July, as I achieve currantness, yay. Indeed, no one but Lucille seems to have Rondom.
I’ll be reading the rest of the thread later, I’m sure much wisdom there. Hi to everyone.

Yama

2 Likes

@yamaplos that’s fantastic! I’m glad I was able to help even one person.Lucille sends nice big plants. And welcome to the forum!

1 Like