Stay away from Hirt’s garden

Everything i have ever ordered from Hirts arrived healthy and in great condition, however as previously mentioned you get what you pay for. Some of the tissue cultures I received were microscopic in size.

4 Likes

I love Hirt’s. I was surprised how big my HC fig was and even had a fig on it! One of my Gooseberries was relatively large too. Yes, others were small, but that’s what I expected for the price. Everything has survived except 2 figs, and I began ordering from them the beginning of August. Having said that, the service was the best I’ve ever had. Matt prompltly replaced the first fig with another variety that was the same price. After another died, to my surprise, Matt promptly sent me 2 replacements! I even sent Matt an update on how well everything was doing and he reimbursed my payment on an original fig! Another thing I like about them is that you don’t wait long for your order unlike so many other online sellers! Very quick! So yes, most are small and some need extra TLC, but man, the prices are typically the best.

2 Likes

One other thing… they had the stuff I wanted when most others were out… and again, those that did happen to have it were way too expensive.

2 Likes

I put my order in yesterday morning and they had it sent out yesterday…on its way as of this morning.

I put my order in at Filaree for two kinds of garlic 2 months ago and it hasnt moved an inch. Shipping garlic must be complicated.

2 Likes

Got a couple of figs once from hirts and there was no problems. Not only were they very inexpensive they were fast. Keep in mind they sell very small plants so be prepared to baby them. Keep in mind they rate about a 3 star out of 5 so it is what is which is kind of a gamble. Where else could i order a coffee plant today and have it by Monday? My advice set your expectations accordingly. I’m glad they are around but im aware like burgess or any nursery what they sell and what to expect.

4 Likes

was looking to put in a patriot blueberry. they have them in stock now for $5.99 + $7 shipping. yeah its a year or 2 behind a 2 to 3yr old plant but i have 6 other mature blues and the last one i bought from Hartmann’s cost $40 with shipping. i can get 3 from hirts for a little less. its a cheap way to add on to what you have already. nowadays cheap is good!

2 Likes