Stromboli first red flesh apricot

Dear Jose, thank you. I have written to the company to buy one. I hope they say yes!

Pimoz, it is very likely (I must inform myself well), that the BA87-11 variety is the same as Stromboli.
Normally breeders assign a code to each interesting selection, to later assign it a commercial name in the European variety registry.
I give you an example
Which of these peach varieties do you like best:

• Pro-486
  • Extreme Onis

They are the same variety

https://www.provedo.com/es/producto/fruit-trees/melocoton-nectarina/extreme-onis/

And I think exactly the same thing happens with BA87-11 and Stromboli

But I’m not 100% sure and I should send an email to ask the breeder (Stephane Buffat).

When Stephane answers me, I will confirm if it is the same or different varieties.

Regards
Jose

1 Like

Hi Mrs Gibson.
It is very difficult for them to sell you one or two trees directly from PSB (they sell for large plantations), it is much easier to get it through a PSB distributor nursery.

Regards
Jose

2 Likes

Yes those names are just to confuse us. :blush: I liked numbered Provedo names better. Once you get used to numbers its hard to go by names Onis, Orio, Rin…

Stromboli is “fav10-30” so I doubt its the same as BA87-11. It also has different ripening time. Stromboli should be around 3 weeks later.

3 Likes

Today I have already received 2 trees of Stromboli

Regards
Jose

6 Likes

I know these trees Jose marica :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kiko!

2 Likes

Hi Kiko, welcome to the growingfruit forum.
2 guys from Albacete in a North American fruit forum I think it could be disastrous :smile: :smile: :smile:

Primoz, Kiko is a Spanish guy (he lives in a town in the same province as me), and he is a very good friend of mine.
He is a professional fruit grower and we both participate in the same WhatsApp fruit group (he discovered the Stromboli variety of apricot to me), he is a great professional and very knowledgeable about the varieties of stone fruit that are grown in Europe, but be careful with Kiko who is very joking.

Regards
Jose

4 Likes

I’m glad all of you are here :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Richard, I’m not as happy as you are.
In the first intervention of Kiko he already called me " sissy " :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Regards
Jose

1 Like

Do you have a name of a nursery? Thank you Jose

1 Like

Hi Mrs. Gibson. You are going to buy it at Hernandorena nurseries (tell me your name by private message , and I will send an email to Rosa Hernandorena so she can sell it to you). This is the nursery:

This is Rosa Hernandorena’s email.

rosa@hernandorena.com

Send the email quickly, there are few Stromboli plants in the nursery

Tell her that if it is a bother for her to send it to France, you will send her an express parcel company to pick it up at her nursery (GLS is very economical).

Regards
Jose

2 Likes

Thank u bro! :smirk:

2 Likes

Hi Mrs. Gibson, the whole matter of purchasing the Stromboli apricot tree in Spain is resolved.
José Luis, who is the commercial agent of the nursery, will respond to your email and will solve the sale and shipping for you, he is a good guy , and the prix of the trees will be cheap sure , because is a nursery for profesionals growers (this morning there were 5 Stromboli trees left in the nursery).
Enjoy this new variety of apricot

Best regards
Jose

3 Likes

Very important Mrs Gibson.
If the Stromboli apricot variety is good, the rootstock on which it is grafted is even much better.
The rootstock that your apricot tree will take is a new variety obtained by CITA de Aragon, it is this:

• Mirared rootstock, new generation red leaf rootstock, (it is a hybrid of prunus cerasifera x Nemared peach tree), tremendously resistant to heavy and humid soils, resistant to soils with high Ph, resistant to nematodes, resistant to Phytoptora, resistant to Armillaria , and very resistant to iron chlorosis.

A photograph and its description

For this reason, if any of your apricot trees emit any suckers from the rootstock, you should not uproot it, you should perform underground layering using the mound layering system, to obtain a mother plant from this rootstock, and subsequently multiply it.

obtention of rootstocks by Mound layering system

Regards
Jose

2 Likes

Will you send me a bill for the trees and shipping? I cannot wait to get them as this is the time to plant. Thank you so much Jose.

Good afternoon, I wanted to ask you Jose, where do I have to call to get this variety of apricot since I am from Spain and more specifically from the Albacete area, I am starting in this world and I want to get rarer and better varieties every year, what happens is that I am having a hard time meeting people to buy varieties, I hope one day I can meet you and see the eminence that you are, I have read a lot in Spanish forums about your knowledge of fruit trees.

thank you so much

1 Like

But Raúl, don’t tell me that you’re from Albacete like me, and we’re going to make friendship through a North American forum, it’s crazy :joy::joy::joy::joy:.
First of all, ask you of which town of Albacete you are from ? , in case we are very close.
Since you are starting out, we should get to know each other since you need a lot of advice so you don’t make beginner mistakes.
If you send me your phone number by private message we can talk (we have a lot to talk about).
That said, you can buy the Stromboli apricot variety very cheaply in Hernandorena nurseries.

I’m going to give you Isabel’s email, who will assist you very well.

isabel@hernandorena.com

A few days ago they still had some Stromboli seedlings available in pots.

Come on Raul, send me a private message and we’ll talk.

Best regards
Jose

1 Like

Thank you very much for answering me and giving me the contact information. I will send you a message to see what you can sell me.

I already sent you the private message and if it is the milk that in the end we have to meet on a forum that is not from Spain haha.

greetings

1 Like

Raúl, this is of “silly genre” hahahaha, two guys from Albacete, speaking English in a North American forum hahahahaha.

Raúl, a very important thing, since the growingfruit forum, and the North American character, is very different from ours.
Read the forum rules, so that you adapt as soon as possible.

Please, since you have recently registered, it is appropriate that you introduce yourself as a new member in this post:

I give you the most sincere welcome, and you will see everything that can be learned and shared in this magnificent forum.

Best regards
Jose

1 Like