Taming some of the neglected parts of the orchard

You all have heard me say things like I don’t prune pears unless there is a need. Sometimes the only need is to keep air and sunshine moving throughout the orchard. Occasionally I stop under the trees to remove thorns , catch my breath and survey my next moves. Hope you all are making similar progress.

5 Likes

A pair of leather gloves and safety glasses go a long way :blush:

2 Likes

@Ahmad

Yes the gloves were laying right there I needed the extra dexterity. There is always lots to do here and in this case a thorn in the hand means less than cutting the tree wrong unfortunately. My thick leather gloves slip and they are clumsy. Use the gloves a lot but I can’t have them on when doing detailed work.

2 Likes

It never fails, does it? My hands have been banged up, cut, stabbed, and almost sloughed off the tip of a finger all with a pair of gloves either on my person or very close nearby. I just hate the lack of mobility if they are too thick and for the thin pairs, they still get very hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I hate the feeling of gloves on my hands. I bought really good gloves for pulling thistles and I still sometimes just go pull the thistles bare handed.

2 Likes