The last of John Chapman ( Johnny Appleseeds) trees

i was just sent a video about the last one of johnny appleseeds trees in savanna, ohio. apparently you can contact the johnny appleseed foundation and order a grafted tree of it. thought some of you might be interested. the reason its still alive is its growing on a glacial came for fertilizer, is tapped into a aquifer and is protected from westerlies on the east side of a house.

5 Likes

@steveb4 Thanks for posting this. I am 62 but when I was about 5 Johnny Appleseed was my favorite book. My mother used to read it to me. This took me back in time. I may order a tree.

4 Likes

I mentioned to someone a couple weeks ago something about Jonny Appleseed (Chapman) they replied, oh, he was a real person?

That’s cool but dang, the grafted tree sells for $100. There is also a pear that they strongly believe was one he planted, also $100. They have other trees for $40.
Anyone grow that one?

cool post! keep his legacy going(: