The most rare pear shape ever seen

Hi everyone, I’m new here, this is a guy growing rare fruits, with a very big collection of template and semitropical fruit trees.
I have a proposal, let’s show who has the rarest pear ever seen… I would like to see yours before… Because I’m advancing that I’ll be the winner.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the rarest pear be one for which only a single tree exists? If that’s the case then there will be many “most rare” pears.

Here’s one that is great, but only exists as a single tree (at least until I collect scions for grafting this winter).

https://growingfruit.org/t/pears-clarkinks-is-looking-for-in-2024/58531/30?u=johannsgarden

5 Likes

Of course, your pear is unique and very interesting, but I wanted to say a rare shape pear

1 Like

You should be able to edit your post title to replace the “tpu” which I assume is a typo with “shape” so that you can get then answers you’re looking for. I can help if needed.

1 Like

Thanks JohannsGarden, it’s fixed…

2 Likes

297dfd7a10f8175d717fd28ec16a9af09420b606~2

8 Likes

I’d advance a red shin-li or is it Shinko, the one with more of an elongated apple shape.

Looks like a pear-paw. Or a paw-pear, maybe.

What variety is it? Did you shape it with a tape or something while it was developing?

@marten
It’s in Mrs. G’s 2023 Christmas photos.

1 Like

Welcome @Rio . Looking forward to hearing more about your collection. I dont have any truly zany shaped pears here Im afraid, but poker is all about bluffing anyway, so heres my entry, a pear that can deliver you from samsara:

6 Likes

Look up deformed pear on google images, although I don’t think that is what you mean, I think you mean varieties that regularly have rare shaped fruit.

1 Like
1 Like

I figured they were baby buddhas.

Buddha is what they reminded me of too, it’s so interesting though that pear fruit can be forced by a mold (mould) to look like that.

That’s a nice pear… So beautifu Xmas pear, congrats!

Amazing pear, but it is made with a mold, that is cheating

Yes, you are right

1 Like

Its an Abbe Fetel. I bought 4 of them. They were very elongated, which is why i like them. And this week they will be ripe. There was a ton of fruit in my centerpiece so i have no idea what to do with all of it. Merry Christmas! Love your dog!

5 Likes