The orchards of the Chateau

All has been left without care. There are 33 Hectares of Orchards. Primarily apples, then some pear, cherries and persimmons. The apple varieties, I have never heard of before. It was too muddy to slosh through the orchards without losing your shoes.

Yesterday I bought apples and will go back for scion wood. The owner and I ‘spoke fruit trees very easily’. He could not believe and American woman would even have any interest. Rather that stills, I shot small videos. Hopefully one will load and not be too big. They sold the chateau which-is now a hotel and kept the land and farm, which is enormous!

The farm was totally self-sustainable with very early hydro electric power. Amazing. You would need millions to bring it back! The trees are still viable.

Car ‘barn finds’ in the huge barn as well. I will definitely. Return. Lovely people.

18 Likes

Looking forward to the video!

2 Likes

Cannot load it! The site won’t take it! :cry:

2 Likes

Dern!

Can you upload to YouTube and then post the link here? It is pretty easy to upload video to YT.

1 Like

I’ve never done that. What I did find out, is that the farm is private and you must be invited to go. the owner has now given me permission to return. I do wish you could see it!

1 Like

What a beautiful place! I hope you can get a list of the varieties they grow from them.
It looks like a magical place. I hope the new owners will also consider leaving some of the ancient fruit trees alone.

1 Like

They are taking all of the trees down. Many should come down, due to neglect, but there are many, many excellent trees left. Nothing will be done before next fall.

I would love to spend some time in the French countryside! We spent some time in the Italian countryside and loved it. We’ve only seen Paris and Nice in France.

Guten Tag, sprechen Sie zufällig Deutsch?
Ich bin aus der Schweiz und in 2 Wochen in ihrer Region.

2 Likes

Guten abend, nein, ich spreche keine Deutsche.Je parle Française et Anglais. Je suis en France au Sud. :relaxed:

Dans deux semaines je serais a Strasbourg. Desolee.