A lot of apricots I’ve tried have died from that (or something similar) as well. But my Mirsanjeli Late is grafted on a larger pluot tree and has never had any issues. I’ve actually wondered if pluot makes a good interstem for apricots and if it will help with the survivability rate in the northeast, but I haven’t done much to test it out yet. Anyway, thanks for the update. Here’s hoping that I get a taste of the one fruit I have this year, and that you get a taste next year.
I’ve had the same thought and while I’ve made a few grafts, none has done all that well. I did do a double-take though about a month ago when climbing around and pruning out black knot when I saw some large apricots in a pluot tree. The graft hadn’t grown that much though. A couple days ago I looked again (from the ground) and didn’t find the graft. Maybe I need to climb up to see it…
I’ve been late to the thinning game this year. I got most of the stone fruits done, but not the apples yet. This Tremlett’s Bitter (Geneva) is looking particularly intense.
I just finished thinning two days ago. I mean I just dropped them under the trees (all most all had no bug bites, thank goodness). If I put them in 5 gallon buckets, I would have filled several buckets of pears, apples, peaches and nectarines. Asian pears set an insane amount of fruit and barely have any June drop.
I hardly had to thin at all. A very sparse set on all tree fruits this year. It’s hard for me to thin.
@Ahmad . . . DO NOT READ THIS POST!
I just have to post a photo that I took this morning.
My Belle of Georgia peaches - which should have been thinned, but weren’t.
They are HUGE! Is that common for this peach? This is a 2021 graft, from spring of last year.
Crazy! I only have the one branch. But it’s a good one!

