This is pissing me off

Looks similar to what a topsoil bag could be used for! I have a bunch of those I kept.

1 Like

I just finish grafting my apples and I must say; a very impressive product in the marketplace are the panda grow bags:

They are super though, impervious to cold, 0 signs of being damaged by UV light, dirt cheap, and come in a huge range of sizes. You’ll be hard pressed to find anything 5+ gallon sizes cheaper than this. As long as you are careful not to break their collars by mishandling them so far I have been able to wash and reuse several times.

Drainage is a bit sub par.

6 Likes

Looks like you can write on the bag as well!

2 Likes

I used these for a good deal of peppers and eggplants two years ago and they held up well. Drainage not great as you say, but I was using a fast draining mix so it worked out.

1 Like

I don’t like any of the seed starting things I’ve gotten. I want just a really sturdy mesh tray to plant in chunks, then a non draining bottom tray to water into

I have been using paper coffee cups etc with holes cut in the bottom as seed starter this year. plus the little tiny 2x2 square pots that aren’t connected or attached.

I reuse all the food containers too. this year am filling dog food and soil bags like your potato patch bags. I will not buy more thin plastic crap. people sometimes give me those starter kits as gifts. they always fall apart within the year. I do some soil blocking too but the hunk/chunk method has been working better last year and this year.

better photo, some lettuce I’m planting out. I’m mostly over to the square pots in any kind of tray I can find. there’s a leftover old starter thing in there from last year that’s almost destroyed already

3 Likes