This years jam

Have given away jars already, but this is what is left of summer in a jar 2018! The seedless blackberry is a sensational surprise!

18 Likes

Im a big fan of seedless jams, my wife prefers seeds in her raspberry, must be for the look, but I hate getting them stuck in my teeth!

1 Like

I agree, its a lot more work, but this years blackberry is superb.

4 Likes

Six quarts made ten cups of purée.

5 Likes

Looks very professional. Great job!

4 Likes

Mighty nice looking jam Mrs G

! I sure like the labels. Sometimes I write on the lid what it is and sometimes I forget. When I have cherry and strawberry jam next to each other my family members often cannot tell what it is until they taste it.
I too like to get the seeds out of raspberry jam. It is just amazing to see how many seeds come out of such a small amount of raspberries. I will not eat raspberry jam with seeds as I too do not like the extra “crunch” when eating my toast in the morning.

So far I have made cherry, strawberry and peach jam this year. The raspberries were froze to make jam later this year. Grape jelly hopefully coming up shortly. Here is a shot of some of this year’s peach jam. I always make more jam/jelly than we can use in a year as it makes great small gift for visitors, friends and family. Never know who is stopping by on short notice.

6 Likes

You are a pro at this, Mrs. G.

4 Likes

My Concords should be ready by next week!

2 Likes