Tillamook goumi

Anybody have any experience with a Tillamook Goumi? I ordered one a long with a sweet scarlet from OGW. The description said large fruit and good flavor. It should flower next year, but I’m looking for opinions if you’ve grown and or tried the fruit.

5 Likes

Just an FYI: I received an email back from Burnt Ridge Nursery. Tillamook is the same as Carmine.

7 Likes

Is that a new named variety? What I’m asking has carmine been around a while?

Great to hear it straight from the person who named ‘Carmine’ that it is the same clone as what had already been circulated under the name ‘Tillamook’.

I know this post is older, but there wasn’t much response so I’ll add my experience. I purchased my ‘Tillamook’ as ‘Carmine’ and it has been producing for a few years now. I agree that it is a high quality clone with above average fruit size and great flavor. I would highly recommend it as one of the best clones for anyone looking to plant a goumi.

2 Likes

I second that. Since the initial post I’ve had two great crops.

4 Likes

I have a Red Gem and Sweet Scarlet. I am trying to hunt down Tillamook/Carmine now. Does anyone have Raintree select and compared it?

If anyone is reading this and would like to possibly trade, I made a trade post a little bit ago with all the varieties I have

1 Like