TIME LAPSE - PINK PEARL - Bud to Harvest - Z5b NY

PINK PEARL APPLE ZONE 5b 35 MILES SOUTH OF ALBANY NY

19 Likes

Nice! Interesting color - mine ripen up white with a pink blush (or pink showing through the skin). I don’t think I’ve seen any yellow like that.

1 Like

@jerry

Below is what they look like on the inside

Mike

5 Likes

That looks pretty normal for Pink Pearl (to me), though the exteriors were unusual.

I really like this apple.

1 Like

I love novelty fruit. I don’t know why I never see the red-fleshed ones in stores; this and Hidden Rose taste good to me.

I look forward to when mine are bearing age.

1 Like

Hey everyone, my moms pink pearl I graffted on g30 finally has some fruit. I’m in zone 5A, wondering what others zones are and when you generally see these as ‘ripe’?

1 Like

Is this a decent apple? Will it do ok in a hot-humid mid-Atlantic locale?

1 Like

I have 2 apples of Pink Pearl graft. One fell off 7 days ago. It tasted awful, sour/astringent. The second one fell off 3-4 days ago. I have gotten around to taste it yet.

3 Likes

Do those of you who grow pink pearl in warmer climates get the pink coloration on the inside of the apple? @39thparallel or others? I picked mine today, but no pink. I had someone tell me that red fleshed apples lose their color in higher heat without cool nights. I still really enjoy the taste of the apple…. A little like apple jolly ranchers!

3 Likes

I find that many of the pink apples rarely get the pink blush in our climate. I Removed Pink Pearl due to Frieblight this year. Got a nice pink blush in some of the Halls Pink this year. Motts Pink usually has a pink blush but has Scab issues.

4 Likes