Time to Label All My New Grafts

I went to Tractor Supply Co. and saw an engraving pen on sale for $2.29 each. I bought 4 for a lifetime of usage. On the way home and stopped at Home Depot and bought a roll of Aluminum sheet for $8. I used a serrated scissor and cut it up to several hundred tags and engraved all the new grafted varieties before the rain wash all the ink off the temporary labels.

Tony

5 Likes

Very nice Toney, as you know the more multi grafts you have the more complicated it gets keeping track. I didn’t realize how confusing it can be until be until I started grafting onto grafts from the year before.

2 Likes

Looks great Tony. Those engravers still on sale? I’ll have to pick some up.

I am not sure if the Tractor Supply Co in your area still have them on clearance in the back anymore. I also bought a few nice old pocket knive sets for $4.99 and the original price was $14.99.

Tony

1 Like

I saw those at our local TSC a couple of weeks ago and just about bought one, but wondered how well they would work and the if it would last for more than a few labels?

I have an engraving bit for my Dremel tool but it is harder to use that like a “writing pen” due to the size of the of Dremel.

It works real well and easy just like normal writing. I did 50 labels in about 10 minutes. It used 2 AA batteries.

Tony

1 Like

@tonyOmahaz5. That pen and aluminum tags looks like the way to go. I was going to google your pen but couldn’t read the container label. Thanks, Bill

Bill,.

I took some close up photos of the engraving pen for you.

Tony

1 Like

Thanks, Bill