Titania black currant indoors

These are available in Europe mostly eastern part.

3 Likes

Yes, Bona and Tisel comes from Poland, Sofiyevskaya and Jubileynaya Kopanya from Ukraine. And I forgot Noiroma (big fruits, early ripening) distributed from Switzerland. Those are newer selections and still new ones varieties are selecting here in Europe.

3 Likes

These varieties do not suffer by diseases in my area, so no chemicals need to be sprayed and can be grown organic. I grow also Ben Hope - bit acid fruits in raw and Ben Sarek - is sensitive to mildew. So I prefer polish or ukrainian selections of black currant.

3 Likes

Hello, do you know by the chance where may I buy above-mentioned varieties: Sofiyevskaya and Jubileynaya Kopanya in the USA? Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I have no idea, these varieties are available mainly in EU countries, sometimes are names written as Sofijevskaja and Jubilejnaja Kopanja. I have these varieties but cuttings should not be sent to USA without phyticertificates and this is pretty expensive issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, maybe I’ll be able to buy any of these varieties (especially Jubileynaya Kopanya - “Ювiлейна Копаня” ) somewhere in the US.

1 Like

these are budding nicely after changing to 12/12 light cycle.

moved a tray to heated garage that gets fairly cold, down to about 35f. hoping to induce dormancy but not sure the best way. suggestions?

5 Likes

nice looking starts!

one of my 3 titania plants from cuttings last fall… grown a lot since then. pulled about 3/4 of the leaves of and moving it to cold garage for a few months, till spring.

2 Likes

more cuttings

4 Likes

Hi, did these plants ever fruit indoors or did you only use this method for propagation?