Tropic Snow peach in Florida

Here’s my tropic snow peach…If I remember correctly, I planted it sometime early last year.

We had a really mild winter this year, and this was the first of all my trees to blossom and then fruit. You can see from the pictures that it set pretty heavily. I’m sure a bunch of these will self-abort and I’ll thin it pretty good as well…might get lucky this year an get a few peaches.

8 Likes

Time for some thinning!

For sure!

I really like the taste of Tropic Snow. It does bloom early but seems to take the slightly freezing temperatures without damage. Last year it was easy to find the trees for sale locally. This year everyone is carrying Tropic Beauty instead. It has always set well, even in cool temperatures.

That’s good to know.

Looks like the tropic snow is going to be a winner…

4 Likes

Checking on my tree the other day saw about 6 or 8 fruits on the ground…didn’t really look like they had been eater, maybe a mark or two, but they were just laying there…definitely not squirrels, wondering if its the birds?

early spring…

It’s already got some fruit on it…

2 Likes

Fruits are ripening a little earlier than last year…Birds are still getting a few here and there but not as many as before…

I love peaches and this particular variety has a great peachy flavor to it and just juicy enough…

size wize they’re pretty small…

3 or 4 bites and it’s gone…

I really need to get some tropic snow grafts to my other non producing trees so I can have more next year.

5 Likes

very nice! where in FL are you?

I’m in N. florida and have a peach that die back to the rootstock, which is shooting out suckers now. I plan on propagating the rootstock so have been researching peach varieties i can graft on. This one looks promising!

Hi @odin.9, I’m in Jacksonville… I’ve had really good luck with peach trees, even grew a few from seed, those are pretty big but have not fruited and they may not…not sure where the fruit came from…The other store bought peach tree I have is a flordaking, and while it’s healthy, it hasn’t produced any fruit…From what I can tell we have a really a great climate for peaches, they seem to do well…I’m planning on planting a couple more varieties this fall…I strongly recommend the tropic snow if you can find it.

There are still quite a few more on the tree, but not the haul I was hoping for…

4 Likes