Tropic Snow Peach

Despite being very heavily pruned with only 2 years in the ground, Tropic Snow peach sure as hell likes to show off, not only with flowers but with growth. This is a semi dwarf acting like standard. Bees are going nuts.
This variety clearly likes to live in Sacramento…in case someone is looking to plant a peach in this area. It even gave tons of large juicy fruit last year (I had to heavily thin it).

12 Likes

Wow that is gorgeous. I just got a tropic snow peach tree a week ago and will plant in ground in a few weeks. I am not too far from Sacramento, so hoping to get production like yours. How does it taste? I got it primarily because of the low chill requirement but hoping the peach will taste far superior than the supermarket variety.

I honestly don’t remember how is tasted in detail. We were too busy being happy we finally have a harvest from one of our trees. What I can say is that it was delicious and very large. There were a very big difference between the fruit that received plenty of sun and the ones that did not, so prune accordingly. I think you’ll be very happy with this variety in this zone, as where I planted is is not really advantageous for any tree (very dense clay and very wet for most of the winter).