Tulips I bought from Holland

Since I am so close to Holland I thought I would buy tulips that I rarely see in the states. I only bought four varieties and only planted three. I did buy Estelle Rhineveld, which you can get in the states the others are more rare, Absolam and the Lizard. They just started to pop!

The striped tulips are true broken Rembrandt tulips. I have seen broken varieties in the states, but not like these. They are right out of a Flemish painting. Lovely.

19 Likes

I already saw them on you photos one of this days, and they are just incredible, really beautifull! Congratulations! :+1:

1 Like

I lived a year in Utrecht, NL as a student. I loved the markets every week. There was a big one for flowers up in Holland every week that was really fun to visit in the season.

2 Likes

That orange and brown and some yellows, I’ve never seen anything like that in a temperate climate except for the Genus: Mimulus. That’s very-cool.

1 Like

The name of it is ‘The Lizard’. I thought it was pretty cool too. The others are pretty but those broken tulips are really interesting. There is a whole group of them. I will order more for next spring. What they sell here never reaches the states (or rarely). Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

I live minutes south of Holland, Michigan, and during Tulip time I’ve never seen such beauties!

2 Likes