Updated on my Red Lantern Vietnamese street foods Restaurant

And bubble tea !!! Wow!!!

2 Likes

So happy for you and your family to hear that was a great success, Congratulations!

Your pawpaws looks awesome! I might have to trail some of them as well.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Congrats, @tonyOmahaz5! Best wishes! I will stop in when I am in the area. The food looks delicious!

1 Like

Congratulations glad to see it be a success.

1 Like

Good job to your boy and you, and family, Tony.

That beef sandwich looks delicious.

Dax

2 Likes

Tony, Iā€™m sure everyone will agree that you are truly one of the good guys here-knowledgeable, always willing to help others, never a harsh word, etc. I canā€™t think of anyone more deserving of success and I hope your restaurant is a huge success- by this time next year I hope you have a chain of 200 Red Lantern Vietnamese restaurants. :slight_smile: Well, maybe a little longer but you get the idea- I hope you make it.

I cannot imagine a more challenging time to open a new restaurant than right now, so Iā€™m sorry you are dealing with a slowing economy and people being reluctant to eat out. Iā€™m sure you were planning this long before we ever heard the words Corona-Virus and Iā€™m sorry you have the extra challenges of that on top of all the usual stress, hard work, and difficulties that come with opening a restaurant.

Good luck, my friend! We wish you well.

7 Likes

Kudos to you for getting a restaurant started in these tough times. The food looks deliciousā€¦Iā€™m originally from Philadelphia and we had so many great Vietnamese restaurants there, I miss the foodā€¦especially the crispy spring rolls and rice beef stick soupā€¦already getting hungry again and I just had breakfast.

Best of luck with your new business.

2 Likes

So happy for you! Everything looks so wonderful and the food looks delish! Wishing you the very best on this new adventure!

1 Like

Dude,
If you can cook anything like you can garden, that food will be delicious!
Best wishes for much success.
John S
PDX OR

3 Likes

Congratulations! Everything looks so delicious. I wish i lived closer!!

1 Like

So glad to hear your opening was extremely successful Tony!!!
If I get to Omaha, I am definitely stopping in for lunch!
Best wishes to you and your family.

2 Likes

We had banh mi this weekend, thinking of your new place.

1 Like

Awesome. Swing by if you are ever in the area for College World series!

2 Likes

Tony,

Iā€™m going to have few pawpaws from 1 out of 2 grafted trees that Iā€™ve planted. And thereā€™s only 1 tree that flowered. For that reason, I didnā€™t do the hand pollination, assuming itā€™s not going to take. To my surprise, some fruits formed and hanging in there! So there must be other pawpaw planted nearby!

I sprouted 6 seeds that I got from your fruits couple years ago. They are not yet flowering but at 4ā€™-6ā€™ tall now. Maybe another year before it can flower and set fruits!

5 Likes

Tony, you have built something beautiful and good and that is exactly what people need right now.

Thatā€™s awesome, TomIL
KSU researchers are starting to suspect that pawpaws are actually self fertile but to highly varying degrees across genotypes.
Sunflower has always been mentioned as self-fertile, but itā€™s possible itā€™s not alone.

Hey can I get some take out? You know my address! Looks great, good luck. Iā€™m a former restaurant owner. It was a great time, but boy, hard work!

1 Like

ChĆŗc may măn, Tony, with your restaurant. I love Vietnamese food, I lived in the Dallas area for 30 years and was lucky to have so many fine Asian restaurants to dine at, I really liked pho, bĆŗn cha and bĆ”nh mƬ (sandwiches?). But being in KY now, not too many Vietnamese restaurants around here!

1 Like

I love the pictures, the food, the people. All stars. I hope it stays as fun as it looks now.

Now I have something to regret in the fact that I will NEVER be in Omaha.

Hi Tony, congrats on the new venture! Is Matthew your son?

1 Like