Visit to Scott Smith Orchard!

Maybe you could leave a tip bucket so when they do any sampling, they can leave a goodwill offering.

3 Likes

I’ve already got deer “offerings” all over the yard … at least they don’t stink as bad as some other animal “offerings”…! There is enough of it to count as a bit of fertilizer for my trees.

7 Likes

Very inspirational Scott, I looked at the pics this morning and have been outside tinkering in the yard most of the day. Cant wait for mine to look that established.

1 Like

. . . .and the deer are going to pay for it!:wink:

13 Likes

Yeah, same here, there are those nugget piles all over our yard, some by the fruit trees, some not. With the ground as wet as it is, there are also hoof prints all over the place.

Since you’re in the 'burbs, do you have to also deal with the two-legged varmits taking samples?

1 Like

Not much recently, knock on wood. In the past I had a few thieves but they seem to have moved on. Unfortunately I’ve got all types of 4-leggeds, big medium and small.

2 Likes

Just saw this thread a couple days old. Pretty interesting Scott. Thanks for the pics Naeem.

First thing I noticed was the very neat lines of a weed free strip for the trees. Don’t know how you got them so straight. Almost like you pulled a string to do it. :smiley: I personally like clean lines. Makes things look professional to me.

I also couldn’t help notice the nice NE homes around you. I have to wonder if your affluent NE neighbors think you’re peculiar for not having a lawn?

I think it’s smart, but then I’m one of the weirdos common to the forum who thinks, “Why grow grass when you can grow food?”

14 Likes

Oh how lovely it must be to walk up and down those aisles as the trees bloom and bear their fruit. Surely worth all the planning and effort that has gone into it. :grinning:

9 Likes

That is so great to see Scott’s orchard and him and you! It looks like a great day, and the orchard is beautiful.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing pictures of your garden. It appears like you’ve done a great job with the amount of space you have. Hopefully you will continue posting pictures as the season progresses.

1 Like

Here is a little update scion I got from @ scottfsmith .
Thanks. Apples, Pears,Plum, Peaches most took with the exception of Apricot. I think it is too early to call success but will find out soon.

17 Likes

Hi @Naeem , where in Maryland do you live? I live in Virginia near Maryland! Maybe I can go visit your orchard some day! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am in Ellicott City and you are welcome to visit my place whenever you want. 12 fruit trees in ground some in pots and whole bunch of figs and some vegetables in beds and pots.
I have a small fenced space and pictures below is most of my orchard.

14 Likes

Nice, looks like a lot of takes. How are all those figs doing, are they producing yet?

2 Likes

Figs are loaded this year and also earlier. I do not want to post pictures here again but you can look in my figs post which I updated 8 days ago on June 22nd. Here is the link

4 Likes

Wow that is Nice, really nice Orchard you have @Naeem and lots of Figs! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for the invitation! Next time I’ll get up that way I’ll ley you know in advance!

We just comeback from California couple weeks ago, we took the airplane at Baltimore airport! Not too far from you.

Question about your figs! Do you sell small trees or cuttings? Thanks

3 Likes

Yes. I am planing to sell cuttings this year please check back with me in November via private message.

2 Likes

Would do, thanks @Naeem

1 Like

If you want to see follow up visit please check this link!

4 Likes