Weed badger 4000?

Anyone use one of these? Seems the company might have gone away as their website appears to be available. Ive got a chance to pick one up at what seems to be a good price but not sure if they are a good option or if theres a better way to keep weeds down around bushes in rows without using plastic.

5 Likes

Can’t help you as far as any info about it but that sure looks like it would be a handy attachment for row plantings. Where does a guy find something like that around these parts?

2 Likes

Company went bankrupt, I’ve looked extensively for this. You can only buy used models and if the tines break good luck finding replacement parts. Sad that the company went South it was an ingenious idea.

1 Like

Quite a few years ago there was a guy who used to write for one of the fruit magazines. He bought one to put on his skid steer. He wrote that he really liked it.

I would echo the concern about the parts availability. But, it doesn’t look like there is anything very complicated about it. Just a simple hydraulic motor with a hydraulic cylinder - either of which could be rebuilt by a hydraulic shop, if needed. If the frame were to bend or break, that would be easily repaired.

Still there are things like the spring teeth and other parts which might be really hard to find, although you might be able to have someone make them.

2 Likes

Looks like it might be a bit of a chore to hook up initially, anyone know/remember what these sold for new?

Depends on the model, I’ve seen pricing from 6K USD for smallest model up to 50K for larger models.

My wife and I own a Model 4000 Weedbadger which we bought new in 2012 for $10,000. It has had some use and works very well and is in excellent operating condition. We no longer have use for this but it makes for an outstanding tillage tool - especially in close quarters such as in orchards. We are located in northern Utah (Tremonton area). Please respond to this if you are interested for details and price.

Does the arm go under the canopy of large trees like plums and pears for tilling/mowing. I watched some videos there I can see it working side by side of the tractor tilling plants with very narrow canopies.

Good afternoon,

Are you still interested in selling your Weed Badger? We have been using one on our operation since 1995 and it is finally getting worn out. Thanks!!

We have a Weed Badger purchased in 2013. Used three seasons before our Aronia berries got too big to get the tractor down the rows:(. We have the mower attachment. Always stored inside. $3000

1 Like

Hey @Fogle40 ! Welcome to GrowingFruit and thanks for your report. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just bought a blueberry farm in WV that came with a weed badger. I want to sell it. I dont see us using it with how all of our bushes are planted on a hillside. The previous owner planted an orchard and bought the weed badger for that. The entire orchard is dead. Its has been hard to sell in my area with how people farm here.

Greetings, I may be interested in your weed badger. Any chance you might still have it available? We have been using one here which is very worn out after 20+ years.
Thanks
Aaron