What are some of the best asian pear trees?

Heard good things about jojiro. Is there any Warren, magness or Comice of the asian pear world?

Have you seen this thread?

The best Asian Pears.

A few things come to mine:

• Taste is subjective, sometimes very subjective
  • Locations make a difference, sometimes, a big difference
  • ā€œBestā€based on what definition? Tasting, disease resistance, over all performance, etc.

Like the thread I linked, you will get a lot of different opinions.

1 Like

I am looking for the sweetest tasting asian pears.

1 Like

Like I mentioned, different location likely will produce different outcome of the same pear.

I am in New England. Korean Giant and Hosui are plenty sweet. However, I like Kosui a tad more because of its lighter twxture.

I have not tried Drippinā€™ Honey but heard that it is sweet/tart. Chojuro is another one that a lot of people like. Mine has not produced.

1 Like

You should put your location in your profile. It helps.

1 Like

Just did it.

this guy says he is growing jojiro but i think he means Chojuro? Or is there a Jojiro? I cant find any info on it if there is.

Anyways kind of cool that he links this forum as a discussionā€¦ i like his videos maybe he is a member on here?

2 Likes

I have seen members on here who post Youtube videos or post on other forums. There is an old forum no one posts on I have seen old posts from people on here. I know Zendog has a YouTube Channel.

That guy bought a 3 in 1 tree with Hosui, ā€˜Shinseikiā€™, and ā€˜20th Centuryā€™ on it, from Willis Orchard, they threw in a 4th variety on the same tree, and that had to be ā€˜Chojuroā€™, see what they carry here https://www.willisorchards.com/category/asian-pear-trees

Super sleuth

1 Like