What are these these volunteers?

Yes other members you may ask questions on what your garden volunteers are here as well.

Grapes??

1 Like

The first photo looks like May Apple (Podophyllum is an herbaceous perennial plant in the family Berberidaceae).

1 Like
  1. currant?

2. grape

3. carnation? (dianthus)

Scott

1 Like

Well…I am hoping currant 1st pix. Why? My white currant died, and that was near where some seeds fell.

However, I did throw out various flower seeds.

Grape is my guess for vine as it is near my 2 grapes, must be a Concord or cross of Concord with Catawba.

I am betting birds dropped a seed and spikey plant is a type of evergreen.

I also stuck this stick in the ground and it is alive. Is it a cherry or currant, oops I forget

If it’s really alive and actually developing roots as opposed to just drawing down the reserves in the wood before it completely dies, then currant seems like a much better bet than cherry. In other words, you might have success sticking a stick of currant in the ground, but I doubt that would work with most species of cherry.

Well here is hoping it is alive and is a currant stick!

1 Like

No.3 rather looks like lavender or rosemary. Either would be nice I would think. Sue

1 Like

Nope, I have looked close and it has little spikey tufts coming out. It looks nothing like lavendar or rosemary up close. I will rub it in my fingers tomorrow to check scent.

1 Like

Pic #3 might be a native evergreen, Douglas Fir perhaps?

It might indeed. Clark County, WA is an evergreen state, and rainforrest. Birds love my yard. They most likely are why it is growing there. I am very curious what free tree I got, and when big enough where I will put it.

Agree