What are your Spring flowers blooming?

The last photo you posted is jacarandá. They are very tall trees. The others that
figerama posted is wisteria… both have bluish purple flowers…

Yep.

We were saying the same thing. Sorry.

Beautiful!
I have crocus bulbs, too. They are bigger than ever this year - for some reason. I just love them.

I gave my husband some Holland amaryllis last year. They are show stoppers. He grows them in the ground of a ‘greenhouse’ he built years ago . . . Every night he cuts some, out there, and brings them into the kitchen.

16 Likes

Finally have my first Satsuma Orange bloom, at least I think its a Satsuma.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Plum?

Dutch Irises blooming. Last year they only sent out leaves. I thought I might have accidentally planted onions :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just don’t breathe it in!

9 Likes

Peaches !!!

TNHunter

10 Likes

Lapins Cherry !

TNHunter

4 Likes

Gorgeous!

Black Ice, Shiro, and Superior.

I’m hoping to have all three of those at some point. I just planted Shiro and Superior and was thinking of Black Ice as something to graft on in the future.

1 Like

Be aware that Black Ice is brittle, especially at the crotches. You will want to train the scaffold as it grows. The Mustang rootstock is probably close to Myrobalan 29c vigor. If I had to start over, I would have pruned the branches completely off and started with a single leader. I ended up lopping the branches later. I am also testing Toka, Hollywood, La Crescent, Alderman, AU-Rosa, Chickasaw, Flavor Grenade, Candy Heart, Tlor, and Nadia. I don’t expect most of them to fruit until next year. This year I might get Shiro, Black Ice, Superior, or Alderman. Most of my little whips are flowering, but I don’t expect them to fruit. A ripe Hollywood plum probably weighs more than the tree right now.

Glicinia flowers

6 Likes

Does this count?

5 Likes

Found a volunteer crocus in the garden. Nice surprise

7 Likes

5 Likes