What Black Friday deals related to fruit growing are you interested in?

Those new LED lights are great. Also the newer shop lights are nice. I was at Ocean City Job Lot today and saw these. Even brighter at 8,000 lumens. Pickup locally or ship to store so you need to have a store in your area.
https://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/brightliving-multi-directional-led-light-with-remote-and-motion-sensor/product/271299

1 Like

Growers Supply has 15% off for Black Friday.

I’m buying 3 of these shop lights, so I can get going early on fig cuttings.

Full spectrum lights?

Don’t know…

2 Likes

I figure if I put them on top of plastic bins, it’s got to be much better than nothing.

2 Likes

I think 5000k is better

1 Like

Those are 5000 k (spectrum). The lumens (brightness) is 4500.

3 Likes

Oops, didn’t look close enough.

Nesco FD-1018A Gardenmaster Pro Food Dehydrator, for Jerky and Snacks, White https://a.co/d/34UK0Ax

Not sure if this is a “Black Friday” deal but it does have a $20 off coupon. 8 trays + extra accessories for $115 new is good enough for me to bite, as for other models they only come with 4 trays and additional trays are $25/2-pack. It’s almost worth buying 2 of these to have a backup or double your tray count as it is capable of holding 30 trays total.

2 Likes

my father used plain fluorescents to grow out his seedlings. these could potentially grow out short veggies like onions , beets, lettuce etc. leds are a much better and cheaper to run light source. they will do you well. if you want even better results buy the blubs designed for plants specifically but if you only want to start seedlings and such theres no need to.

3 Likes

ive done this as well off a 3 way splitter . real cheap way to grow a larger plant or small tree. i still use them to add light from the corners in my grow room where my ceiling mounted leds cant penetrate to. very bright using the 5000k bulbs with diffuser removed.

4 Likes

Good purchase. That’s the lowest price I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I picked one up for my houseplants. Need to set it up!

1 Like

While not a plant I picked up a 2’-0 tabletop Christmas tree that was regularly 90 dollars for 27. I seemed to have lucked out because now they are listing it on sale for 57. They must of had some amazing deals on holiday decor if I got it for that low. In fact stores still do seem to have some amazing deals on holiday decor. Just not as big.

I keep using my aerogarden. I’ve had it maybe five years now. The biggest downside is that the roots get so big they can seriously clog up the circulating motor. Also overtime algae can grow. And the media and holders have to be purchased. Ok, so that’s more than one problem. All said, it grows the most enormous hardy seedlings I have ever seen. My tomatoes are amazing and very hardy by the time planting season rolls around. I think the light is maximized for growth and I like how you can adjust the height from pretty low to over a foot.

3 Likes

My mother has just little terracotta pots she keeps herbs like mint in over the winter and even with a north facing window they do great. I got a grow light from the horticulture lighting group. It works like a charm for starting things too and does not require replacement parts. Issue I have with it is it is too light. It is like the difference of having cluster lights and a regular string of Christmas lights on. It can give some people headaches and if I get a headache it gets intensified coming in to even turn them off. Boy does it work though.

2 Likes

Let is know how this model works out. I have been looking at getting a dehydrator. Just do not know which one to get. So many choices. Not always good ones though.

I read through this thread to help with my choice. Excalibur seems to be slightly better, but for twice the trays vs Scott’s recommendation for a few bucks more, mine should be the better deal. A good comparison chart of the nesco versions is on the Amazon product page.

1 Like

Woot (Amazon’s clearance website) often has Excaliber at a great price, that’s where I got mine.

2 Likes