What flower did I plant?

Ya this thing has thrown me for a total loop. Sometimes it seems to have three different plant traits :smiley:

It’s got parts of all the different plants, the botanic gardens here only had a few kinds of toad flax and none that are pink like this (cannon went not there right now but also it’s old seed I’m clearing out) but maybe used too? In general my goal is to go visit and find out what things are blooming during pollinator dearth and plant those.

Either way my goal was to figure out if it’s poisonous to my animals and I’m thinking that is a no. I’ll do one in my front and backyard and see if the rabbits feel this is on their culinary level

FYI, Linaria are sometimes called “Baby Snapdragon” or “Spurred Snapdragon” because of their resemblance to Snapdragons.

1 Like

Is this it?
Capture - Copy
Capture

5 Likes

I really think it is!!

Then it’s Linaria maroccana (Moroccan Linaria).

3 Likes

I think that’s victory. Thank you again for all the help miss poppy!!!

First picture is definitely it with the pre flower buds!

2 Likes

Glad to help. Don’t forget that since it is Linaria, it’s poisonous for livestock. I don’t know about other critters.

1 Like

Yeah my thought is if it’s invasive it’s rabbit proof! So I’ll front yard them.

I don’t think my cat will eat it I grow her cat grass and she has plenty of catnip and many selections of catmint to go after. My dogcows swear it’s the finest of grass in the backyard

@CA_Poppy So far some of the other seedlings have come out white, I’m told the one I gave out had yellow and pink blossoms I hope to get pictures of it soon.

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like