What is the best treatment for mango anthracnose?

Hey guys I bought a little Carrie mango last year. of course I had not done my research enough. It seems it has been prone to mango anthracnose/ OR Black spot. What is the best method of getting rid of it ? or is it not worth trying… pitch it and start fresh?

This article has been quite helpful. It has a list and says need oil works? I would think I would need something stronger? Please let you know what works? I am in Canada. for sure I can get neem oil and copper bordo… I believe it’s called. but maybe not any others on the list as they are sold in the states…
pd-48.pdf (hawaii.edu)

I will be ordering one or two new varieties of mango this year but they will have to be resistant to these diseases. what are your top few choices? There is a nursery here I will be buying from they sell about 50 types. Thanks for any input!

These guys would know all about it. Some are greenhouse growing mango as well. If you end up with another Pickering is universally liked for taste, compact size, and disease resistance

1 Like

Both Abound and Manzate Pro-Stick are good controls for anthracnose on Mango. Dosages are here:

1 Like

Daconil or copper spray once in the spring during bud break.

1 Like

Thank you guys! And Richard is that something I can buy online? I’ll try whatever I can get my hands on honestly. The farmers co-op is about 20 min away. I can call them and start there.

I did.

1 Like