What pollinates Dorsett Golden Apple besides Anna?

I’m going to graft Dorsett Golden onto M-111 rootstock soon & I want to be sure to get the right pollination partner. Is Anna really all there is that will do the job? I’d love to have more choice

Hi Dee,
This is what I found,

Dorsett Golden Apple Tree Pollination

Dorsett Golden Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area…

1 Like

Thank you so much. This s a huge help!

I don’t really worry about pollination partners. Just about anywhere you can grow apples you will find all kinds of crabapples growing nearby. Edge of the woods, neighbors property roadsides etc. Bees can travel a long way.

Nothing. I have 2 Golden Dorsett originally and they have a lot of fruit. The rest of the apple trees I added later on, they still don’t have many blooms either.

1 Like

Shell (of Alabama) is another possibility, according to Kuffel Creek.

Any low-chill apples like the one you have, will perform pollination between. thats the real point of Dorsett and Anna thing.

Low chill ultra-early apples for Anna and Dorsett Gold? There is Vered, Galicia, Marquesa, Tropic Sweet, Tropic Beauty Joy of Florida. Maybe Coast Apple, Subtropical Apple and Shell of Alabamy. And that strange apple the State of Texas rolled out with great fanfare from Brazil. And apparently the earth swallowed them all up. Cause none of the nine nurseries they licensed them too have it now.

Tropic Sweet is very hard to locate except one nursery.The same that has Joy if I recall.

1 Like