What's Happening Today - 2019 Edition

Hang in there Susu!

2 Likes

I hear you. Same here.

1 Like

My first kaffir lime (Citrus histrix)…

8 Likes

Just finished planting out my new trees this year…grafts, seedlings, etc. I’M DONE!!! I don’t think I’m getting ANYTHING ELSE… for good!!

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

10 Likes

Yeah right :yum:

9 Likes

My harvest of today…

24 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

:rofl:
Good luck with that

1 Like

Too late… I’ve ordered a peach and a plum but it was to replace losses… that doesn’t count! Right???

Here’s the last two fresh persimmons for the year—I do have some dried ones. They were amazing!

7 Likes

Exactly! :grin:

Such pretty pic, those look fabulous
I just got my first persimmon tree from Dax

1 Like

What did you get?

1 Like

Morris Burton :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It wasnt even a tree i knew by name at all. But im very happy to have it

1 Like

It looks delicious

1 Like

I’ve heard that is a good one.

1 Like

Yeah i was looking at a yates but morris is fantastic from what i heard. I like havin some more obscure stuff!

What are u growing?

1 Like

I have a bunch of kakis. In fact I have some duplicates that I’m going to offer up for sale or trade. I got some hybrids from Dax that are very small but made it through a hard summer last year. I’ll have to make up a list since I think I counted about 17 varieties that I have in the ground.

4 Likes

Nice!
Are yr trees all bearing age? Bc wow, ton of persimmons

No, I have Eureka bearing for the second year. I have Tam Kam, Giombo, and Tecumseh that were grafted last year and the rest are young grafts. My young Kakis are Wase Fuyu, Hana Gosho, Maekawa Jiro, Itchi-Ki-Kei Jiro, Miss Kim, Saijo, Pen, Sheng, and Chinebuli. Hybrids I have are 100-46, 100-42, H63 A, and Dr Kazas. I’m not sure what I will do when they all fruit!!! Lol. Some of them are years from it and some might fruit next year.

1 Like

Thats an impressive collection! Nice :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Loquats blooming, and what a scent! Butterflies, lady bugs, moths, and bees are all swarming

10 Likes