What's happening today 2020

Sensational!!!

1 Like

I like to see how they’re pruned

2 Likes

That first picture shows how a multigrafted pear tree could be grown.

1 Like

Wow…

I wish I had snapped some photos of the different pruning techniques but I didn’t have the time to drive further down the road. A lot of interesting grape trellising techniques in the area as well.
When the rain stops I’ll stop in Lodi sometime and take some head trained spur pruned grapes. They look really cool when dormant.

2 Likes

Laying down drip line and chicken wire at the base of our trees. These little birds can do a lot of damage if measures are not taken…

22 Likes

The reddish bird a Speckled Sussex?

1 Like

&de

Walked through the orchard and berry patch in North Central Tennessee today. Most things in their 2nd or 3rd leaf.

IMG_0917
pluots
IMG_0921
rainier cherry
IMG_0922
saturn peach
IMG_0928
Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Honeyberries, Boysenberries

13 Likes

Today was a good day for burning pasture in the Flint Hills. We burned ours with the neighbors around us, about 5600 acres today.

11 Likes

Jubilee Orpington is the breed

3 Likes

Very pretty.

Went crosscountry sking with the missus and kids today, hiking yesterday in buitiful sunny weather with a high of 9C. Crocus are in full bloom saw some solitary bees hiding in them, daffodills and fruit trees still at greenbud…first robins of the year eating worms/no more snow in my yard spring is here!

6 Likes

Wow, I have never seen that before!

1 Like

I’ve burned brush piles and sedge grass…but the land wasn’t flat like that!
Would have loved to have burned a bit myself this spring…but every time it’s been dry enough it’s been windy and I’m at woods edge.

2 Likes

Prairie burns are very common around here, part of regular management. The prairie grasses are deep-rooted and sprout right back up, the weeds are killed.

5 Likes

New to me. Handsome.

1 Like

Today was the most beautiful spring day at my workplace near Zürich.
Prune tree:

Wiesen-Schhaumkraut (cardamine pratensis):
(upload://9pa0hcxdINAy90CqDIDTBn9BAE5.jpeg)

15 Likes

Kordia cherry:

Dandelion:

Old cider pear tree:

24 Likes

Beautiful pictures!

3 Likes