What's happening today 2020

My newly planted tomato patch. Going to use the Florida weave staking method. Better Boys and Parks Whoppers -

12 Likes

Maybe a little late. It’s been cold here. That’ll be nice if you get some Honeycrisp, especially since you haven’t gotten any from that tree in 10 years. :slight_smile:

I have a (more than one of most of these varieties): Sundance, Liberty, McIntosh, Gala, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Granny Smith, Goldrush, Gravenstein, Jonathan, Wolf River, Pixie Crunch, Honeycrisp, Fuji, Sweet 16 and a few others that I can’t remember what they are and the tags got lost. I also grafted Akane and Enterprise to unknown root stock (dug them up from one of the other apple trees) and they look good so far.

3 Likes

Today I visited a local fellow that sells lots of figs and various less commonly grown fruit. Came home with a couple figs and a tea plant. It’s great seeing a hobbyist building a business like this in my neck of the woods.

15 Likes

This week’s table bouquet (the background is french tarragon):

14 Likes

White paeonia…

11 Likes

Farmgirl ,that’s very artsy. Love French tarragon. Good luck in your business.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the encouragement! That put a smile on my face. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know exactly where you were. I’ve gotten a number of figs off of Bill.

2 Likes

Yeah! It’s a great place and he’s super nice and informative. I appreciate local knowledge to what pertains to my particular fruit growing climate. I also enjoyed looking at all the plants before purchasing, because I’m one of those people who likes to browse.

3 Likes

I’ve thought of getting a tea plant if it can be grown inside

2 Likes

Could you be able to give info of his business. When we travel to PA, we could find a reason to stop by.

4 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/offthebeatenpathnurseries/
Here you go Tippy. I think it’s relatively near that peach orchard you visited last year.

5 Likes

Tea can definitely be grown as a houseplant. Just make sure the roots aren’t too dry or overwatered. A loose, well aerated growing medium that drains well is best.

4 Likes

Thank you. We have relatives in Steven, PA whom we stop by to see every summer (not sure about this year, though).

3 Likes

12 Likes

Digging to put in metal roofing raised beds…no more bent over weeding/weeds running up aisles for me…lots of shoveling in my future though

13 Likes

All the potted plants have budded out and a lot are fully leaved out. They all have to go back inside yet again for the approaching cold front.

5 Likes

Basils

Straw Strawberries

Lotus from seeds

Pakistan Mulberries

Pawpaws and jujubes row

Just mowed the lawn

17 Likes

How old is your Pakistan mulberry, Tony? Also, how big of a pot do you maintain it in? Looks more productive than mine.

3 Likes

3 yrs old field bark grafted to a large wild Mulberry rootstock and dug up and potted in a 20 gallons pot. I got 3 of them. Scions were from Raf. All three are very productive. 6 feet tall.

2 Likes