Wildlife in our gardens

I’m reliably informed that some of the rabbits around here hit 4#

:slight_smile: Methinks that sounds like a nice size for a crock pot. :slight_smile:

Not one bit worried now! Do you have a favorite way to prepare your rabbits? Curious what your favorite recipes are?

Head stand …

Out of respect for Original Poster/thread creator @Richard and others here to see wildlife, I’ve moved our discussion over to a new thread I just created in “Using Fruit” called “Using meat in our gardens”. It’s not exactly “Using Fruit” but its about cooking and using something that comes from our orchards so I doubt anyone will mind. If so we’ll take it to the Lounge.

Janet identified it as a juvenile bluebird :slight_smile:

excellent in the crockpot! :wink:

Almost ran into a copperhead with my dogs this morning fortunately I had them on leash. I like snakes but not happy to see this guy so close to house with pets and kids.

Yikes!

The Monarch caterpillars are quickly munching down our yellow milkweed. So yesterday we purchased an additional plant which I installed and extended irrigation to it. Of course Janet chronicled the whole event with photos :slight_smile:

Yowza

what kind of emitters are those in your pic @Richard

Found this little guy sleeping near my fruit trees this morning.

awwwwww … ummmmmm

I don’t think it’s quite ripe, I would harvest that one in the fall.

Under one other the Apple trees.

So, I was looking at my cherry trees and about a week ago I had cherries. Here they are today.

And the Topic about cussing!!! YES I DID😤

Love these guys. We call them cattle egrets down here. They always come when I’m mowing. They can consume a hundred or more bugs an hour. It’s a real blast to watch. I’ve seen them snatch pretty darn big frogs too…

My cherry tree

There’s a robin that’s pissed at me - she was starting a nest in one of my apricot trees, just out of sight