Will my citation sucker bear fruit?

My young apricot died suddenly last spring but now there is a 7’ sucker/tree grown from its citation rootstock? Will this bear fruit? Very pretty.

Same happened to me 2 years ago. This spring citation flowered nicely but never bore any fruit, despite being surrounded by at least a dozen of other flowering Zaiger stonefruit.

Here’s a thread with fruit that is potentially citation, but not entirely clear IMO. Let us know if yours actually bear fruit.

I was notified of this post due to the link to my old thread. My red leafed tree linked in that post has never been identified as Citation. It continues to bear small slightly fuzzy white fleshed peaches, usually 1 inch in diameter but when thinned by cold weather to a relatively few fruit they were about 1.5 in diameter. The fruit actually taste quite good when ripe.

1 Like

Thank you for writing. I think I’ll give it a few years to see what happens. It’s so vigorous that it seems a shame to kill it but I do have limited growing room here in Sacramento.