Wonder where he ordered these trees from? lol

The multi flavored popsicle trees are all the rage this year, they excel in freezing weather! I hear they are an ant magnet once temperatures warm though!

5 Likes

I canā€™t decide if I want to go for size or quality, I hear the mini mellows are sweeter.

2 Likes

Go with a multi graft they come in a variety of colors and sizes.

2 Likes

Guess we better try a few flavors and get used to eating them during the winter.

1 Like

I am picking up a bag of the cheap ones from dollar general tonight. I am going to plant them in peat pots. I donā€™t much care for them but they should make good rootstock.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking, that in my zone I would have better luck with the Popsicle tree. I am partial to citrus so orange would be my choice.

For the mallow tree I might give it a go, I think I have some mini colour heritage varieties still in the bottom of my freezer.

6 Likes

I was thinking about getting a marshmallow tree, but decided to save up for an M&M tree instead.

Its great for organic growing, since itā€™s completely no-spray. The hard-candy shell makes the fruit impervious to insects and other diseases.

Itā€™s a great choice for the Deep South, too, since the fruit melts in your mouth and not in your hand.

9 Likes

The worst thing about the M&M tree is you canā€™t propagate it under that name as it is trade marked. You will have to come up with a catchy name like candy lentil tree.

5 Likes

@Derby42
Darned club candy trees are worse than patented types! Seems like the club candy trees are producing the fruits everyone wants like snickers, mounds, almond joy to name a few. Just between us I planted a bunch the other day. I found an entire sack of seeds on this porch on October 31st and as crazy as it sounds the sign on the seeds said help yourself. I realized they had to many seeds so I loaded those sacks up. Some ornery kids were trying to catch me yelling that the candy was for them but I saw theyā€™ were carrying sacks full already so I yelled back for them to quit being greedy. The weird part was that they were trying to scare me into giving them my candy seed dressed as wearwolves and vampires.

5 Likes

I was needing a good laugh. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the strangest thing Iā€™ve ever heard. The only weirder thing you could tell me is that they chased you into your house then rang the doorbell demanding the booty. Honestly, if that happened, I probably would have given them the loot for fear of what trick they might have done next.

5 Likes

Lol! Strictly fictional lol! @Olpea I think we should change the story to include that revision! Mark and I were chased through the marshmallow orchardā€¦well someone will finish

5 Likes

ā€¦ by marshhog - terrible creature that cares more for orchard owners than for orchards themselvesā€¦

5 Likes

This whole thread is magic. Amazing senses of humorā€¦ probably one of the first times Iā€™ve laughed out loud on this forum. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

I keep telling myself I really donā€™t some need sā€™more trees, but now the catalogs are outā€¦

3 Likes

@Bear_with_me
The trees cost a fortune so I will send you some scion wood. Just donā€™t tell everyone because itā€™s a new tree and it did not grow much last year. The leaves look just like an elm tree and it was on sale for $800 But the guy I bought it from went out of business because I guess he was selling them to cheap. Once mine fruited he sold me half a dozen more. I was really lucky to catch him before he went out of business. Even the police like him they were around looking for him yesterday. Hereā€™s part of my crop itā€™s like they were glued on the tree there were so many!

5 Likes

Although not exactly a fruit, here is a video of how almond farmers milk the nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCTIPWPNtw

10 Likes

Hysterical!

2 Likes

Strange my Hershey bar tree has not produced a single chocolate bar since that first year. At first I thought it went biennial but now I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong. May have to replace it.

2 Likes

Technology is coming up with new things all the time,Clark.Maybe try one of these.

2 Likes