Would like to grow an apple tree but

Honey Crisp gets moderate CAR. Gold Rush gets a lot more.

Check out multi purpose fungicide Immunox by Spectra ide. You probably will need it next year.

Grootendorst nurseries, Southmedow gardens, Baroda,Michigan . They use to be my source for heirloom stuff and others. Of course I haven’t dealt with them for a long time. While anttiguigingI use to stop there and buy a tree or two.A long time ago!!!.

1 Like

I grafted Melrose on my HoneyCrisp in April, a skinny scion. It just starts to bud out. I’ve heard good things about it from you.

Melrose is he “OFFICIAL APPLE” of Ohio, I reckon. Should be able to find a few acres of the trees growing in Dayton and other areas.

Thanks @mamuang

1 Like

@Ozymandias what is best to spray them with and when is the best time for spraying? Thanks

I understand myclobutanil (Immunox) to be the weapon of choice. It should be applied in the spring during the infection window for CAR. Done correctly it effectively cures CAR for the year.

I am honestly not an expert on spray schedules though and there are others here who could probably give more detail.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ozymandias