Your first ripe fruit of 2024

Yep… got a few strawberries ripening already.

April 18… first ripe fruit of the year 2024.

Earliglow.

Not counting wild morel mushrooms.
They are always my first ripe fruit. Strawberries second.

Show what you have for first ripe fruit please.

TNHunter

15 Likes

I have picked about 20 New Zealand lemonade this year. This lemon got knocked off the tree.

4 Likes

The first harbinger of haskaps. If you think it’s small, my hands are small, too. :slight_smile: There were a few flowers on one of my Wołoszebnica or Czelabinka in January…

The berries are normally 3 times larger (nothing much) and the bushes will most likely get replaced with the Aurora cuttings I rooted last year.

My first fruits of reasonable size were a bunch of field blewits from our orchard - also results of strange weather as they normally grow aroung first frosts in late autumn.

3 Likes

kumquats, Meiwa i quart.

2 Likes

Round de Bordeaux, exposed to the cold at the beginning of winter then moved indoors under bright light for an earlier harvest and to protect the young plant. I think I’ll do the same again next year.

This batch ripened entirely indoors and so had poor color. Another fig ripened a week or two after the plant went back outside and had much more typical color, but a bird damaged it before peak ripeness. Win some/lose some.

1 Like

Silverberry fruit harvested in February, Then strawberries, followed by my very first Cherry last week!

4 Likes