2016 Stone Fruit Harvest

What are you, a professor? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

no,worse, Fed .:yum:

1 Like

The fruit patrol.

This topic is my jam (pun intended).

My dataset is still far from complete, but I’m showing that @bleedingdirt and @puggylover75 should be harvesting Cot-N-Candy Aprium on or around May 23 and @SteveM a few days later around May 26.

After that, I’m seeing Mid-Pride peach harvested by @Richard around June 1 and @puggylover75 around June 4.

Let me know if that sounds right!

3 Likes

You don’t happen to remember the exact date, do you?

I’d also be interested in hearing when the last one comes off the tree!

Sure I do! It was early in the afternoon on March 30. And I’ll be sure to keep notes of this tree for curiosity’s sake.

2 Likes

Wow! Those look amazing. What pollinates the apriums? Is that a container grown tree? Be sure and let us know how that one tastes.

1 Like

I don’t have Flavor Delight Aprium.

What cherries are you growing, Vinod?

I get a feeling you took it the wrong way. :slightly_smiling:

I have Van, Bing, Black Tartarian, Lapins. I grafted Brooks and Coral Champagne this year.

Ha! No. The number is what intrigued me. I was assuming you had a good bloom given the chill we got this winter and was wondering if you had poorly-timed rains when they were ready to pollinate or something else. Now all we have to do is keep the birds at bay . . . .

My trees are pretty small. I wasn’t expecting any fruit in the third year but got a small surprise.

Whoops… that should’ve read Cot-n-Candy… you’ve got one of those, right?

You should get one! Compared to early-ripening apricots, Flavor Delight is the sweetest of all.

Yes, it’s container grown. It bloomed with Sweet Treat Pluerries and pluots.

I will let you know how it tastes.

I’ll definitely get a Florida Prince peach. I want my stone fruit season to begin as early as possible.

Im in portland oregon. I’m jealous of your guys early growing season. All my fruitlets still have flowers hanging off them. About the earliest variety of stone fruit, besides cherries, that I’ve seen someone grow here is snow queen nectarine. I think it ripened mid July. Is there anything I could grow that crops earlier. My first crops are strawberries and raspberries in june

This was our first year that Cot N Candy set absolutely no fruit. Flowered profusely and set nothing! Do not understand as we had double the amount of chill this year. Very disappointed.

Now Tomcot set beautifully and should have an awesome pick.

Alan once told me that Tasty Rich and Goldust peaches, along with Silver Gem nectarine all ripen before Redhaven, so might be ones to look at. Unsure how they would do in your area. You should add your city and zone to the “about me” section in your profile so we can look when giving advice.I know you mentioned Portland, but a month from now I will not remember.

Smooth Texan One nectarine. Still has aways to go. Supposed to be ripe sometime in mid to late May.

4 Likes