2016 Sweet Treat Pluerry bloom

8 Likes

Looks great! You might get a lot of fruit. I might have to get this tree too. How do you like the fruit?

I love it.

But don’t overwater the tree, otherwise, the fruit will be mushy and bland.

I’m still on the fence if this tree is worth it or not? Also the new one too. Too many good peaches and nectarines I would rather get at this point. I would also like an example or two of the new Pearl series cherries. I need a good dark cherry, my old tree is on it’s last legs.

Clusters of Sweet Treat Graperry, part grape, part cherry. Just kidding.

Sweet Treat Pluerry is loaded with fruits.

11 Likes

You need to thin that tree or else the branches will snap with the heavy load on a windy days.

Tony

1 Like

It’s going to be painful…

2 Likes

Lol. Don’t be greedy :slight_smile:

1 Like

8 Likes

Yum!!!

Tony

1 Like

They will be ready in three more weeks.

You should cross Sweet Treat to Nadia.

Tony

Then maybe the new one would actually set fruit!

1 Like

They look delicious! They all look perfect too. I sprayed Triazicide and still have pc marks all over my plums.

1 Like

Wow, Ulises, those are beautiful!!!

1 Like

They already taste like cherries.

Sweet Treat Pluerry.

1 Like

5 Likes

I know Sweet Treat doesn’t get a whole lot of love on this Forum, but I wanted to pass on some thoughts on it after a very nice harvest season. Our tree is third leaf, about five feet tall this year and produced 150+ little fruit that have been extremely popular with family, friends and our team at work.

While I can understand how it’s a little too purely sweet for some folks, I love how it stays firm as it sweetens up (I don’t care for mushy fruit in general). Now my taste pallet is hardly sophisticated and we’ll see if the view changes as we produce more highly rated fruit, but it’s definitely a keeper for us. I’m surprised these aren’t being packaged to market to kids/Mom’s. The kids love them and they travel well.

On the negative side, the leaves are a favorite of bugs and I know other parts of the country have had real problems with black knot. But if you’re in SoCal or a similar climate and you love a sweet little fruit, ignore the Chill Rating and give it a try. (note, I didn’t intent to have this sound like a marketing pitch, but I guess that’s where it ended up!)

(picture from June 18th)

8 Likes

My Sweet Treat looks to be 100% leaf buds (no flowers visible). We are 2nd year in ground. Anyone else have this issue?