2020 Buds, Flowers and Fruit!

Some apple blooms Jonathan and Key apple

Apple leaves Key Apple

Pear blooms on my Ayers

And my favorite thing… Peaches are starting to form!

Also caught a bumblebee pollinating a flower

And a butterfly

6 Likes

Very nice. Is that borage?

2 Likes

Hi All, I am new to the forum. I bought a house with unknown fruit trees last winter. Now with the buds opening I think I could identify most of them.

10 Likes

My Wisteria are blooming nice for just their second year

4 Likes

I actually have no idea what it is :man_shrugging: I saw a lot of this growing last year and got a small bit of it and brought it home and planted it. It suprisingly came up again this year to my happiness. I will try and see if I have a pic of the whole plant.

1 Like

Here is the plant @Naeem

I thought it was a pretty color and that is why I brought a tiny plant of it home. Only hoping it would come up again and spread in my yard.

6 Likes

Ajuga, Poncho, ajuga.

1 Like

Cool :+1: Thanks so very much for the id, @BlueBerry

1 Like

(Commonors name is “bugleweed”)

1 Like

Reading about it I see it is in the mint family. That is what first drew me to it is the plant looked similar to mint. I then wanted to transplant some because of the color.

I thought it was creeping Charlie. If it is, it is the most aggressive weeds in my yard. I regret that I did not recognize what it is the firs5 two years. By the time I knew what it is, it has taken over my lawn in many areas.

2 Likes

If you are referring to mine, I hope it is aggressive… I just as soon have it as grass :laughing:

It better id’s with ajuga than creeping charlie :+1:

Your purple flowers remind me of creeping Charlie. Anything in the mint family seems to grow aggressively. I also learned it the hard way with chocolate mint that I planted in ground.

1 Like

I seem to have an aversion to being able to make mint aggressive :man_facepalming: I have planted it on purpose to take areas over in different sections of my land and yard and for some reason it never takes off and spreads :man_shrugging: many places are still alive but just not moving anywhere else…

PAF

16 Likes

I finally got my creeping Charlie under control with crossbow. They keep coming back to my yard from the neighbors. I hit it with Crossbow twice a year and that takes care of it.

2 Likes

Mine is out of control. Not sure they could be tamed.

3 Likes

Ajuga is a common landscape/garden center plant. Lowe’s and Home Depot should have some for sale. Can be a cute plant for cracks between stepping stones…I’ve seen one or two people make a whole yard out of it.

2 Likes

I unintentionally have this creeping Charlie taking over my 3/4 of my backyard and is trying to take a hold of my front yard and into every flower beds. I HATE them.

2 Likes