2021 Buds, Flowers and Fruit!

I would love it. Not too many nectarines here!

1 Like

Hosui pear in bloom.

13 Likes

My first peaches, lemons that I grew, black currants, mirabelles and apples. Cannot wait until they ripen. Surround next, then netting.

Oops sorry a few dupes got in.

18 Likes

Great pics as always. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Don’t know yet. It’s yet to produce since we’ve had it, so I’ll cross that bridge if it does.

1 Like

My daffodil bed. I also have two smaller areas. Total 5 varieties and 3 colors.

15 Likes

Pitanga flowers :heart_eyes:

Blackberry

12 Likes

Wild strawberry :smile:

Lola apple

Rubinette apple

Royal Gala apple

5 Likes

Apples are in full bloom. Gala, Honey Crisp , Red Delicious ( great understock ).

15 Likes

My apples are starting bloom, but a lot of the blossoms don’t look like theyre opening up all the way. I wonder if those two 20 degree nights might have damaged them more than I thought. Hope they’ll get pollinated the way they are.

1 Like

My in ground figs did very well after the mild winter. Some are starting to show breba.

10 year old Hardy Chicago

Unprotected Gino’s Black around 5 years of age

Pawpaws are also looking great this year. A few were zapped by a freeze a couple weeks ago but most seem intact.

11 Likes

Asian pears are in full bloom.

15 Likes

“Jane” hybrid Magnolia

Necterine and peach trees. At least they are excellent landscape trees.

14 Likes

What black currant varieties are you growing?

I am growing Andega and Neva. I never heard of either variety before in the US. My nurseryman here suggested them. Andega is related to the Black Currant of Burgundy.

2 Likes

My not New Century pear tree. (It is clearly a European type pear, but Stark bro must have mislabeled. I did graft on two types of Asian pears, which are both flowering for the first time
(I forget the names of the grafts at the present).

Bartlett pear with seckel and Ayers grafts

Little pear alley

16 Likes

I like the way you trained your trees. Strong work, Jim.

4 Likes

Hey Jim! You’re really growing now!!!

1 Like

The Jupiters are the first grapes out of the gate. Blushingstar is just opening, while the pawpaws are close. I might get a whole handful of honeyberries this year.

14 Likes

We chopped down almost all of my Pai Li pear last year, and the remaining branches did the same thing this drier year that it did all the wetter years. I got Pai Li to graft because it’s supposedly resistant to fire blight. The TREE seems very resistant, but every last flower either shrivels up from blight ( like, maybe 99%) and the few that survive get quince rust. The bloom blackening stops, never getting into the rest of the tree. The remaining smaller trunk has Dabney on it, but I’m sure not holding my breath to ever eat one. Donna in Tennessee

3 Likes