2021 Buds, Flowers and Fruit!

We all enjoyed a lot last year thread so few members asked me to create 2021. Here we go again

This is the link from last year 2020 Thread !

Picked up these from my local store. I have some growing outside but may take about an other month to pop up.

15 Likes

And my Christmas cactus that does not really live by its name. It is blooming now.

19 Likes

Tippy, Call it later Christmas cactus😂

My freesia is blooming. I thought it is supposed to have nice scents, but I can’t smell any. Do I get Covid-19😜

11 Likes

Here we go again spring is almost here! Took these today :sunglasses:.

13 Likes

WOW so beautifull! Here we just have purple crocus… :+1:

2 Likes

Few more popped up :sunglasses:.

19 Likes

Very beautiful! :+1:

4 Likes

Fruit Trees are starting to open buds and Apricot flowering 03-25-21 :sunglasses:.
Show yours trees if you can for comparisons please.

Apricot

Peaches

Plums

Pears

Apples

Cherries

This picture is from last year Plums March 18. It look like a week behind.

Plums March 18th 2020 ( Last Year ).

16 Likes

This PeachyKeen tree oversets way too much. I’m not even 1/4th done here! Aiming for 4-6 inch gap. Hopefully, my grafts will slowly replace large scaffolds and I can rest a bit next year :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Here are the flower buds on my Tomcot. Mar 26. It’s only one year out from grafting, so I’ll have to pluck any fruit if they set. We have a couple nights in the low 20s next week, so they might get nailed if they progress much farther.

11 Likes

Hoping to transition from citrus to others soon. Loquats and mulberries, may be a month to go

21 Likes

What are your plans for those thinned peaches?

threw them away :slightly_frowning_face: anything I could have done?

Last of the Crocs :expressionless:

Apricot all bloomed up in last two days.

21 Likes

Plums are in full bloom, looking good if we can avoid next two days cold spell.

18 Likes

My wild plum burst forth with blooms yesterday, it’s got all kinds of buzzing insects hitting the blossoms. They are quite fragrant.

My peaches are maybe a week from full bloom, one of the pears is now. A few apples are about to start popping open. And my tart cherry bushes are close.

I’ll post pics later.

2 Likes

My first fruit flowers.

The unknown peach seedling with showy blooms.

And the blooms of Spring Snow peach.

13 Likes

Both of these two trees are in pots in a garage. It is a tad warmer than outside so they bloom about 7-10 days earlier than my inground peaches.

I just moved the potted out today and will leave them out except for when it rains. I want to see if they can be peach leaf curl-free without spraying at all as long as I keep them dry.

Here is the Spring Snow.

15 Likes

Some pics I took this evening of various blooms and buds about to pop open.

Apples

Goldrush, first time to bloom

Alkmene

Zestar

Suncrisp

Macoun

Grimes Golden

Peaches, with some butterflies attending Blushingstar blooms.

Coralstar peach

12 Likes

Pears

Wild plum, transplanted as sapling in 2017

Romeo tart cherry blooms

Wild plum blooms, very fragrant

Plum and forsythia

Unknown flowers on hillside, maybe Poet’s Daffodil?

Different forsythia bush

I’ll post more as the trees continue to bloom. Apples will probably be in full bloom in a couple weeks.

17 Likes