2021 Buds, Flowers and Fruit!

Perhaps Pheasant Eye Daffodil, I have them, but mine tend to be late in spring.

1 Like

That’s interesting your Chojuro hasn’t opened yet. All of my Asian pears are in full bloom now, including Chojuro.

1 Like

My chojuro is also in full bloom. A lot of flowers this year. Still Waiting on Ayers to flower. I think this is the third year in my yard. It’s an espalier. I’d think horizontal branches would fruit faster. But clearly not Ayers.

1 Like

Here is a bumblebee on my Pai Li Asian pear tree.

Flavor King bloom

Nadia

Toka plum aka bubblegum

15 plus Asian and Euro pears on this giant Cleveland flowering pear understock.

Lastly my Flowering Quince

19 Likes

May be its little graft not fully grown branch or tree.

This one is so pretty need to make a space for Flowering Quince .

2 Likes

With any Pears or Apple pruning could be a big factor in flowering thats what I learned in my four year growing. More you prune you will get more vegetative growth. Just leave them alone for first three four years and when these sets fruit , you can prune it. This is just for Apples and Pears not any stone fruit.

2 Likes

Pakistan White mulberry from a 1 year graft. Sweet with no acid at all. There are honey/melon notes to otherwise pure sugar flavor

14 Likes

Some Peaches and Nectarine picture are three days old.
Harko Nectarine

Zepyyr Necatrine ( just a tiny Graft)

Multi Graft Peach Nectarine Apricot

Frost Peach

Veteran & Frost Peach

Veteran Peach

Contender Peach

19 Likes

This is my orchard area under a rainbow. It looks like there are large bushes in front of the one section, but they’re actually piles of pruned fruit trees. Yikes!

26 Likes

Lots of blooms this year, hoping for continued favorable conditions. Several weeks to go, however.

23 Likes

Amazing picture!

5 Likes

Bee/wasp of some type on Patricia apple

Pink lady/Frostbite

Dripping Honey

15 Likes

Red Gem Goumi… loaded…

TNHunter

11 Likes

My 3rd leaf nectarine, Freckle Face.

18 Likes

Beautiful tree I love the way you shaped it. How tall is it , can not tell from the picture ?

3 Likes

Thank you. About 10-11 ft tall. Too tall, in fact. I need to prune off from the top to shorten it and help it branch out instead of up.

The tree was in a pot in 2019. Last year was its first year in ground. Before I knew it, it grew so much.

4 Likes

How are you going to protect the sour cherry from birds and squirrels?

1 Like

Thats a pretty one! I hope it tastes good too!!!

3 Likes

It is excellent, a sweet, very flavorful, yellow flesh nectarine.

3 Likes