Amazon Pruner Scam

So it isn’t a scam site? I was leery of it at first glance. It is an actual Amazon site feature?

Anyone have a source for ARS VS9 pruners in Canada? Dunno how to tell if Amazon Canada sellers are legit or not…

Try to look at the address of the seller. If it is a seller in Japan, most likely you will get the real ARS pruner.

Got mine from an Amazon vendor shipped from Japan, legit?

2 Likes

Those look great. You will be happy with them. Do you mind sharing what you paid? I’m waiting for the price to go down to grab a couple more pair. The exchange rate is favorable now.

Yeah no problem, $78 CAD through Amazon Canada, so that’s $57 USD.

Was looking for the size 9 but couldn’t find them anywhere in Canada, but these size 8 feel good even in my large hands. They should still be great for my relatively light needs (non-commercial).

1 Like

Is there a site where we can learn how to tell the difference between knock-offs and the Real McCoys?

Incidentally it appears that the ARS pruners come with two different designs to hold the blades together and sustain the tightness to each other. One is the above photo with a simple nut and bolt system with a locking washer and another uses the Felco method of an additional screw near the fulcrum that holds a piece of metal that stops the nut and bolt holding the blades from loosening.

I only just noticed this- maybe this is why there’s a different price from same suppliers sometimes. Not sure if they identify the difference in the models clearly.

From experience, I don’t find the Felco system has made any noticeable difference in how often I have to tighten the fulcrum nut and bolt. When the blades become loose the tool doesn’t cut as well and if it gets too lose you can destroy the blades by having them cut into each other.

It’s the same general deal with loppers.

These are my favorites as well. I prefer the Okatsune 101s rather than the 103s. The 103s open a bit wide in my opinion and so it’s hard to keep my hand from sliding towards the blades during use. I actually prefer the grip of Niwaki Mainichis, but the lock doesn’t snap into place like the Okatsunes and so I find it tedious to open and close them as they go in and out of my pocket a million times a day. Okatsune 101s for the win.

2 Likes

This site, this thread.

1 Like

Currently $31 plus tax, sold and shipped from Amazon Japan. I’m confident these will be genuine and have ordered a pair:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005Q4LU1I?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

3 Likes

I just ordered a pair as well. TY for the link.

So far so good great pruners. Just have to file down the latching mechanism as you really have to squeeze em tight to release it.

I found that I ran into this when the plastic grips migrated up toward the blade and so the spring was being crowded as it closed. Pulling the grips down a bit fixed the problem. May be worth a shot.

I think they may latch easier with use. If you do modify it, I’d go easy.

Hello,

Is “Verve Joy” the seller you use?