In general, I don’t like tomatoes’ acid tasting. So I grow low acid, sweet tomatoes such as Kellogg Breakfast, Aunt Ruby Germany Green, hybrid Sun Gold etc. I do like the taste of pink Brandywine too.
This year, I would like to extend my tomatoes colors and add black and white tomatoes. I saw these tomatoes in Baker Creek’s catalogue. My questions are
- are the white tomatoes the sweetest? I am interested in the White Currant
- if it is, besides the sweetness , are there any other flavors in the tomato? I am looking for sweetest tomato with other balance flavors.
- for Atomic Grapes , are they generally looking as pretty as what posted on the catalog?
- is it one of the best tasting (black/purple)tomatoes with extraordinary sweet?
- I saw Burpees carries a new tomato called Honeycomb which is supposed to be as sweet as Sun Gold. Did anyone here have experience growing this cultivar . I appreciate your feedback on its taste. I am lining on trying this if it’s as good as it is described.
I am a big fan of Sun Gold. Any tomatoes that is comparable in flavor to Sun Gold will very likely fit my palate.
Thanks for any inputs and comments