Aussie finger lime

curious if it indicates the rootstock used, if a different species that is.

2 Likes

I will check the paperwork!

1 Like

It’s different, pomelo or lemon.

1 Like

Congratulations for your new finger lime, it’s gorgeous! My purple bliss is pushing new growth now… :+1:

1 Like

awesome! if it is pomelo, and from southeast asia, then there is a good chance you will have a 2 for 1

what i mean by this is if for any reason your finger lime don’t do too well(like what i have here) or worse–the finger lime graft dies, there’s a chance the rootstock might be at least as high-value as the scionwood :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got it! It is sproutIng very tiny new leaves.

2 Likes

Just returned from 8 days away from home.

I spent weeks before doing fish emulsion sprays a couple times a week and nothing.

Upon returning home today, I noticed 3-4 sprouts from above the graft point. The leaves from here are all finger lime leaves. (there were 2-3 new sprouts from below the graft as well and these had poncirus looking leaves).

Scott

2 Likes

I’m thinking of planting a finger lime in our backyard. The area where I live is in their natural distribution but unfortunately they are quite rare due to recent deforestation so I haven’t seen them ever when ive been walking in the bush. Their natural habitat is lowland sub-tropical rainforest (most of which has been cleared for farming).

2 Likes

Looks like the graft is starting to fade! :cry:

1 Like

Really? Can you post a pic? If it dies you can send a message to the seller and hask for a new plant.

Our new Red Center Lime. It is a cross between the Finger lime and the Burmese Rangpur lime.

2 Likes

Wow, would love to see what the fruits turn out to be!

1 Like

Thank’s! Well i think i have to wait some few years but they are like this:

http://www.homecitrusgrowers.co.uk/australiannativecitrus/bloodlime.html

5 Likes

Thats gorgeous!

2 Likes

My potted finger lime tree has a few fat fruit. How do folks tell when the fruit are ripe? Pulls off easily? Color change? Some of my fruit are starting to blush a little red, tho I assume the fruit won’t be ripe for at least another few months.

1 Like

Hi! I pick my finger limes when i touch them and they fall on my hand, but you can pick them like lemons when they got big but not totally ripe.

2 Likes

Have y’all noticed a difference in productivity with full sun vs dappled light? I’ve heard differing ideas. It’s an under story tree vs give it full sun since it’s a citrus tree. Thanks! Just got my first one, but never grown one before!

1 Like

My fausterime finger lime is on a dappled light spot and is very productive… but maby some varieties are more productive on dappled light than others.

2 Likes

How come Douane didn’t confiscate it? Isn’t that plant material from outside Europe?

1 Like

I never got any citrus from Thailand confiscated.

1 Like