Aussie finger lime

they are so neat, right? you can probably grow them indoors in portugal, if you have a big enough bathroom that has lots of indirect light.

2 Likes

I think i can grow them outside on protected places… but they are hard to find.

gingers need plenty of humidity, hence my bathroom advice, lol. But haven’t really grown them outside the tropics so i might be wrong–they might do ok outdoors in Portugal’s 9a. I hope there will soon be a purveyor of tropicals in EU that will include ornamental gingers…

hedychium is another ginger to have, the lily-white blossoms smell of heaven!

3 Likes

Hedychium grow very well here, that’s why I think i can grow other gingers too

2 Likes

nice! do you have the white one or peach one?

1 Like

Hi! I have the yellow, white, red, orange, rose and variegata… I already posted photos of yellow and red on my thread…

4 Likes

will look it up!

1 Like

Just repost the pics. I use hedychium as winter cover to other small and more tropical fruit varieties…

Thats just gorgeous

1 Like

Yes it is… i really want to see if it’s like pics or not… :grin:
But it’s great that already is pushing flower buds. Even the seller didn’t expect that, only 2 or 3 years he told me.

OZ Finger Lime | Varieties

FingerLime Pink Ice, Alstonville, Mierose, Sanguineo, Papuana, Arance Rosse di Sicilia. - YouTube

Some of the available varieties…

5 Likes

I now have Purple Bliss and Pink Ice. I hope to get a few next year. What I thought were flowers, were tiny new leaves. The plants are excellent and healthy.

2 Likes

That’s great! I want at least one of each pulp color… i will try to make a photo of this tiny small flower buds…

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

My finger lime plants…

Purple Bliss with flower buds

4 Likes

Here are my two. Didn’t want to let the heat out so the picture is taken through my salon door. The bushy one doing really well is Pink. And the scrawny one is my newer purple bliss! It is growning new leaves which start out as being the size of a pin head! Love the smally project!

Don’t know how the cookie recipe got in there buy boy the cookies are great! The first lime is hiding behind the table, but sticking out.

4 Likes

Future is written in green: Microcitrus australasica: vegetable caviar (mundani-garden.blogspot.com)

2 Likes

love those pink ones!
incidentally, currently munching on this bowlful of pink pomelo vesicles(i eat them like popcorn) and it is the most refreshing citrus imo. If jujubes are to apples, then pomelos are to oranges. Pomelos are relatively dry for a citrus, but are just as delectable as oranges/tangerines, and way more refreshing. I just feel so good even long after i’ve consumed them, much like with jujubes

3 Likes

I love them too! :yum:

do you grow them? I will be growing them from seeds of the pomelos i just butchered. Hopefully able to update everyone here in 10 yrs, lol

1 Like